Quickly, Psalm 86:11 (TM) in four parts:
- Teach me Your way
- I will walk in Your truth
- Unite my heart
- to fear Your name
- I'm open to what You want to teach me, Lord
- You might use multiple sources - scripture, prayer, people, circumstance
- this phrase supplies the why of the teaching
- it's like "Teach me Your way so that I can walk in Your truth"
- I think it also shows a willingness and an intention to do that
- NIV says "...Give me an undivided heart..."
- the undivided heart, like the single eye of the KJV Mt 6:22, gives us a crucial ability, as seen in...
- ... the ability to correctly regard the Lord
- fear - awe, proper respect
- look at what this did for Isaiah in Is 6 (TM) - it pulled things into sharp focus
- this is the result of grace, not really achievable on our own, and it puts our heads and hearts into a place able to have the relationship desired by the Lord
Powered by ScribeFire.