Monday, October 23, 2006

2 Tim 3:1, 10-17, 4:5-8 Outline for 29 October

Here's an outline for this week's scripture. You can always click TM for the passage in The Message .

  • 3:1 Terrible times ahead
  • 3:5 There will people that are religious on the outside, but who don't tap into, or even acknowledge the power there
    • a. Avoid these people
  • 3:10 You know all about me: my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance,
  • 3:11 persecutions, sufferings – all the stuff that happened in Antioch, Iconium, and Lystra. But the Lord rescued me from all that.
  • 3:12 In fact, all serious followers of Jesus will be persecuted
  • 3:13 while evil people and fakes will just get worse, deceiving and being deceived
  • 3:14 But you:
    • a. Continue in what you've learned
      • 1) remember that you've been convinced of it
      • 2) remember who you've learned it from
  • 3:15 You've been learning the scripture your whole life
    • a. it's able to make you wise for salvation
      • 1) through faith in Jesus
  • 3:16 Scripture is:
    • a. God-breathed and therefore useful for:
      • 1) teaching us
      • 2) showing where we are wrong
      • 3) correcting us
      • 4) training us in righteousness
    • b. so that we can be properly equipped for whatever
  • 4:5 Do this:
    • a. keep your head in all situations – stay calm
    • b. put up with hardship – endure it
    • c. share the good news
    • d. do your complete ministry – do all the things needed/required
  • 4:6 For:
    • a. I'm being sacrificed, like pouring out a drink offering
    • b. my life is drawing to an end
  • 4:7 I have:
    • a. struggled to make certain I have done what I was supposed to
    • b. completed all that I was assigned to do
    • c. kept the faith, meaning:
      • 1) I haven't abandoned or betrayed the Lord
      • 2) I took my orders from God speaking to my heart
      • 3) I've maintained and pursued a deeper relationship with the Lord
  • 4:8 I will be rewarded by the Lord, and so will all who have wanted desperately to see him

No comments: