Thursday, December 14, 2006

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 Outline for Sunday 17 December

Here's an outline for this week's scripture. You can always click TM for the passage in The Message .


  • 1 Whether I can speak with the utmost intelligence or the greatest spiritual insight, without love I'm just making noise.
  • 2 If I'm able to say what God's up to, and understand my environment, and figure out all kinds of things, and if I can hear God and work in concert with him, but don't have love, I'm nothing.
  • 3 I can give away everything to help the poor, or even become a martyr for the faith, but without love, I've gained nothing.
  • 4 Love is patient and kind. It doesn't envy, or boast, or become proud.
  • 5 It's not rude, it doesn’t look to please itself, it doesn't fly off the handle quickly, it doesn't keep score.
  • 6 Love isn't happy about bad things, but good things, true things.
  • 7 Love does this: protects, trusts, hopes, and hangs in there no matter what.
  • 8 Prophecies will one day end. Tongues will one day quit. Knowledge will one day pass away. But love never quits, never fails.
  • 9 We know only partly, and we can prophesy only partly.
  • 10 But once the perfect comes, it doesn't leave any room for the imperfect.
  • 11 When I was a child, I acted like a child. But now that I'm a man, I've had to put away childish things.
  • 12 Now what we see is like what you see in a really bad mirror, but then what we see will be like standing face to face. Now I only know some, my knowledge is incomplete; but then I'll know details and the big picture, just like Jesus completely knows me.
  • 13 These three remain: faith, hope, and love. The single greatest one is love.

No comments: